Hyundai i20 Quick Review:
Hyundai i20 is a very popular car. It has launched the i20 car in two models, an Elite i20 and the second i20 only. Buyers love these two models. The i20 car has two types of engines, petrol, and diesel. In terms of sales, the i20 car is always on the top 10 list. It is a compact B2 segment hatchback car. Both petrol and diesel engines are available in this car. You can take any engine of your choice. Let us look at the features of the car in detail.
Hyundai has been producing the i20 supermini hatchback since 2008. The i20 debuted in October 2008 at the Paris Motor Show, and it slots between the i10 and the i30. In practically all of its markets, the i20 replaces the Getz, while in others, the somewhat bigger Accent/Verna hatchback takes its place.
Key Specs of Hyundai i20
Engine: 998 cc – 1493 cc
BHP: 81.86 – 118.36 Bhp
Transmission: Manual, Automatic
It has the same three engines as the Venue: two petrol motors and one diesel engine. A 1.2-liter normally aspirated engine (83PS/114Nm) and a 1.0-liter turbo petrol engine (120PS/172Nm) are the first and second petrol engines. A 1.5-liter diesel engine (100PS/240Nm) is also included. While the 1.2-liter petrol engine is available with a 5-speed manual transmission or a CVT, the 1.0-liter turbo-petrol engine is available with a 6-speed iMT clutchless manual transmission or a 7-speed DCT, similar to the Venue. On the other hand, the diesel engine does not come with an automatic transmission and is instead partnered with a 6-speed manual transmission.
Since the Hyundai i20 is a compact B2 segment hatchback car, it is 3995 mm long, with a width of 1775 mm and a height of 1505 mm. This car is a very good option in terms of dimension, and the wheelbase of this car is 2580mm. In this car, you will find 311 liters of boot space. This car is a five-seater car; the number of doors in this car is five. In this car, you will get a ground clearance of 170mm. This car has good ground clearance, so you don’t have any problem while the road is bad.
Two types of the engine like petrol and diesel engines are available in this car. This car has a 1.0 turbo GDI engine, which is a 998 cc. This engine produces a max power of 118.36 BHP at 6000 RPM and a max torque of 171.62 nm at 1500-4000 RPM. This engine is a 3-cylinder 4-valves per cylinder turbocharged engine. This car has two types of transmission manual and automatic. You can take any transmission at your convenience or choice. If you drive the car in the city, then the automatic transmission will be good for you. Because the city has many traffic jams, you have to change gears frequently, but you don’t have to do that on the automatic transmission. It will make your car easier to drive.
Fuel and Performance:
We will discuss the petrol engine here. The petrol engine ARAI mileage is 20.28 KMPL, and the fuel tank capacity of this car is 37 liters. If you are looking for a car with better mileage better performance, you can take it. Because despite being a petrol engine, its mileage is very remarkable.
Suspension, Steering, and Brakes:
There are two types of suspension front suspension McPherson strut and rear coupled torsion beam axle with gas-filled shock absorbers. It has electric tilt and telescopic steering. There are used two types of brakes front disc and rear drum with an anti-lock braking system for safety purposes.
Comfort and Convenience:
The comfort of the driver and other passengers in this car, as well as so many modern features, have been used in this car for a driving experience in the driver. They are power steering, power windows front, and rear, air conditioner, heater, adjustable steering, automatic climate control. Apart from these, many more features are used, for example, remote trunk opener, remote engine start/ stop, low fuel warning light, an accessory power outlet, trunk light, adjustable seat headrest, rear AC vents. Also have some modern features, such as navigation system, find my car location, cruise control, smart Access card entry, cooling glove box, etc., and many other features.
LED headlights, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, an air purifier, BlueLink connected car technology, and a sunroof are among the features.
Safety Features: Six airbags, rear parking sensors, and electronic stability control are among the safety features.
Hyundai i20 Competitors:
The Honda Jazz, Tata Altroz, Volkswagen Polo, Maruti Baleno, and Toyota Glanza are among the i20’s rivals.
Hyundai i20 Models:
Hyundai i20, you will find many options in petrol and diesel. The petrol engine options are 1.2 L kappa 5 MT 1.2 Magna, 1.2 L kappa petrol 5 MT Sportz, 1.2 L kappa petrol IVT 1.2 Sportz IVT, 1.2 L kappa petrol 5 MT 1.2 Asta, 1.0 turbo GDI petrol IMT Sportz IMT, 1.2 L kappa petrol 5 MT Asta (0), 1.2 L kappa petrol IVT 1.2 Asta IVT, 1.0 turbo GDI petrol IMT Asta IMT, 1.0 turbo GDI petrol DCT Asta DCT, 1.0 turbo GDI petrol DCT Asta (0) DCT.
The diesel engine options are 1.5 U2 CRDI diesel 6MT DSL magna, 1.5 L U2 CRDI diesel 6 MT DSL sportz, 1.5 L U2 CRDI diesel 6 MT 1.5 DSL Asta (0).
Hyundai i20 Color Options:
You will find the Hyundai i20 in eight colors. In which polar white, titan gray, starry night, typhoon silver, fiery red, metallic copper, polar white with black roof, fiery red with black roof. You can take whatever color you like.
Hyundai i20 Price:
Hyundai i20 prices start at Rs. 6.85 lakh and go up to Rs. 11.34 lakh. The Hyundai i20 is available in 24 different models, with the Magna being the most affordable and the top-of-the-line Hyundai i20 Asta Opt Turbo DCT DT costing Rs. 11.34 lakh.
- Magna: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.35 kmpl. Rs.6.85 Lakh
- Sportz: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.35 kmpl. Rs.7.69 Lakh
- Sportz DT: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.35 kmpl. Rs.7.84 Lakh
- Magna Diesel: 1493 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.2 kmpl. Rs.8.21 Lakh
- Sportz IVT: 1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 19.65 kmpl. Rs.8.69 Lakh
- Asta: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.35 kmpl. Rs.8.80 Lakh
- Sportz Turbo iMT: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.25 kmpl. Rs.8.81 Lakh
- Sportz IVT DT: 1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 19.65 kmpl. Rs.8.84 Lakh
- Asta DT: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.35 kmpl. Rs.8.95 Lakh
- Sportz Turbo iMT DT: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.25 kmpl. Rs.8.96 Lakh
- Sportz Diesel: 1493 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.2 kmpl. Rs.9.01 Lakh
- Sportz Diesel DT: 1493 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.2 kmpl. Rs.9.16 Lakh
- Asta Opt: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.35 kmpl. Rs.9.33 Lakh
- Asta Opt DT: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.35 kmpl. Rs.9.48 Lakh
- Asta IVT: 1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 19.65 kmpl. Rs.9.80 Lakh
- Asta Turbo iMT: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.25 kmpl. Rs.9.91 Lakh
- Asta IVT DT: 1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 19.65 kmpl. Rs.9.95 Lakh
- Asta Turbo iMT DT: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.25 kmpl. Rs.10.06 Lakh
- Asta Opt Diesel: 1493 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.2 kmpl. Rs.10.61 Lakh*
- Asta Turbo DCT: 998 cc, Automatic, Petrol. Rs.10.68 Lakh
- Asta Opt Diesel DT: 1493 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.2 kmpl. Rs.10.76 Lakh
- Asta Turbo DCT DT: 998 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 20.28 kmpl. Rs.10.83 Lakh
- Asta Opt Turbo DCT: 998 cc, Automatic, Petrol. Rs.11.19 Lakh
- Asta Opt Turbo DCT DT: 998 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 20.28 kmpl. Rs.11.34 Lakh
Hyundai i20 Mileage:
The claimed ARAI mileage is 25.2 kmpl for the Hyundai i20 Diesel and 20.35 kmpl for the Hyundai i20 Petrol. The claimed ARAI mileage for the Hyundai i20 Petrol automatic models is 20.28 kmpl.
|Hyundai i20 Pros: ||Hyundai i20 Cons: |
Hyundai i20 Customer Reviews:
The pros of the car as marked by the users are the comfort and space which this car provides. Among the cons comes low mileage in petrol. Overall the Hyundai i20 gets a rating of 4.5/5.
- The most manoeuvrable supercar. The mileage is good, and the car is very roomy, especially in the back seat. The ride is really comfortable.
- Great experience with I20 sports; I’ve had my polar bear I20 for over six months. If you’re up for it, go for 26 km on average.
- In every way, it was a fantastic experience. It’s a joy to drive because it’s loaded with features, safety, and comfort. It also has a great appearance.