Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Quick Reviews:
Are you looking for a car that boasts a spacious cabin with plenty of head- and knee-room and a larger 1.2-litre K12 engine? Then here’s the right place. For more than a decade, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R has remained a dependable, easy-to-drive, and hassle-free hatchback.
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Overview:
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R now rides on the new Heartec platform, which also supports Swift, Baleno, Dzire, and Ertiga. Compared to its predecessor, the new generation model has larger space, a 1.2-liter petrol engine, and more features. The Wagon R is offered in three trim levels: Lxi, VXi, and ZXi.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is now 19mm longer, 145mm wider, 5mm taller, and has a 2,435mm wheelbase, which is 35mm longer. The vehicle will receive a new fascia with sweptback headlamps, a new bumper with revised fog lamp housing, and a new grille with a single chrome strip in the center. Vertical tail lamps and contrasting chrome and black accents have been added to the rear area.
A dual-tone cabin with a multifunction steering wheel and a seven-inch touchscreen entertainment system is included inside the vehicle. The instrument cluster has been restyled as well. This time around, the vehicle comes with enhanced safety features such as ABS with EBD, front seat belt reminders, a speed alert system, and an optional lane departure warning system.
This time around, the vehicle comes with additional safety features such as ABS with EBD, front seat belt reminders, a speed alert system, and an optional passenger airbag. There are two petrol engine options for the hatchback. The smaller 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque, while the larger 1.2-liter four-cylinder engine produces 82bhp and 113Nm. Both engines come with a five-speed manual or an automatic transmission (AMT).
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Key Specifications :
Price- ₹ 4.79 Lakh onwards
Mileage- 20.52 to 32.52 kmpl
Engine- 998 to 1197 cc
Transmission- Manual & AMT
Fuel Type- Petrol & CNG
Seating Capacity- 5 Seater
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Colors:
The Wagon R comes in 6 colors, and Solid White, Silky Silver, Magma Grey, Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown, Poolside Blue.
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Price and Variations:
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is started from Rs. 4.79 lakh to Rs. 6.32 lakh. The starting price of the Wagon R petrol version goes from 4.79 lakh to 6.32 lakh, while the starting of the Wagon R CNG variant goes from 5.59 lakh to 5.66 lakh.
- LXI: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 21.79 kmpl
- LXI Opt: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 21.79 kmpl
- VXI: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 21.79 kmpl
- VXI Opt: 998 cc, Manual, Petrol, 21.79 kmpl
- VXI 1.2: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.52 kmpl
- VXI Opt 1.2: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.52 kmpl
- CNG LXI: 998 cc, Manual, CNG, 32.52 km/kg
- VXI AMT: 998 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 21.79 kmpl
- CNG LXI Opt: 998 cc, Manual, CNG, 32.52 km/kg
- VXI AMT Opt: 998 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 21.79 kmpl
- ZXI 1.2: 1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 20.52 kmpl
- VXI AMT 1.2 : 1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 20.52 kmpl
- VXI AMT Opt 1.2: 1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 20.52 kmpl
- ZXI AMT 1.2: 1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 20.52 kmpl
Pros of Wagon R:
- Easy entry and exit: Getting into and out of the WagonR is simple because you don’t have to bend very much.
- The interior room has been increased as a result of the increased external dimensions and wheelbase.
- It has the greatest boot space in its class, at 341 liters. In fact, it’s comparable to, if not larger than, cars from a higher segment. It easily fits 3-4 medium-sized bags. The 60:40 split rear seat adds even more versatility.
- AMT with both engines: AMT adds to the convenience of an already easy-to-drive vehicle. V and Z models are available, as well as both engines.
- ABS is standard, and dual front airbags are available as an option on all models. The new platform is also more powerful than the previous one.
Cons of Wagon R:
- Quality of plastics: The cabin’s materials could have been of higher quality. A issue is also the consistency of quality.
- Brakes that were spongy: Pedal response could have been better.
- Adjustable rear headrests, a height-adjustable driver’s seat, a rear parking camera, and alloy wheels, at the very least, should have been available on the top variant.
- NVH levels aren’t great, and a lot of engine noise makes its way into the interior.
Customer Reviews of Maruti Suzuki Wagon R:
- It’s a nice car with a lot of space. It has the appearance of a large beast with exceptional performance. When it comes to comfort, it is really comfortable.
- It’s a nice automobile that’s roomy and gets great gas mileage. The features aren’t great, but it has a lot of trunk room and a nice cabin.
- Good basic family car, but we expect a little more protection for the family, service should be better.
- We hope Maruti comes up with a better product for this very traditional and old friend of Maruti and creates a new platform for safe cars.
So what’s stopping you? Go grab your Maruti Suzuki Wagon R today and travel with your family.